Flo's 2007 August Travels

August Hikes 2007

This year the temperatures have been very mild because of the rain. The temperatures have only been getting up to the high 80s and high 90s. The temperatures have only gotten over 100 degrees a few times this year which is very unusual. This is great because it gave us a chance to do a little more hiking and I really enjoy this.

 Canyonland Trails of Lakeway

FLo exploring

Click on photo to see all Canyonland Trails of Lakeway Photos

LOCATION: Lakeway, Texas     SITE: Canyonland Trails of Lakeway     DATE: 8/5/07    DISTANCE: 9 miles

It was a beautiful Sunday morning, my parents took me to the Canyonlands Trails of Lakeway. When we arrived at the Canyonlands trails we saw some people walking around on the street, which I thought was weird because there were cool trails for them to use right there. The trails were also safer for walking because there are no cars on the trails. That was fine because now I can walk off leash during the hike.

The hike was gorgeous, the trees and plants were so green. The trees were in bloom with flowers and berries on the branches. There were so many different smells I had to check each one out. We didn’t see anyone during the hike so I could stop and enjoy the smells. As we hiked up and down the canyon you could hear the creeks running down the canyon. We crossed over bridges. The first bridge dad and I crossed over I surprised him by jumping off it. I jumped off the bridge to get my feet wet and a drink. The next bridge I did the same but dad called me out of the water because it was pretty nasty looking and smelled. The reason why it smelled was because it wasn’t moving. While dad and I were crossing over the bridges mom was taking pictures of the Canyonlands trails. We hiked by a little lake and I wanted to go swimming but my parents told me I couldn’t because it didn’t look too clean. I still had a lot of fun hiking in Canyonlands trail even if I didn’t go swimming. Now it was time to go home.

   Hamilton Greenbelt of Lakeway

A jogger at Lakeway

Click on photo to see all Hamilton Greenbelt of Lakeway Photos

LOCATION: Austin, Texas    SITE: Hamilton Greenbelt of Lakeway    DATE: 8/26//07    DISTANCE: 8 miles

Early Sunday morning my parents and I went hiking at the Hamilton Greenbelt trails of Lakeway. The moment we got out of the truck was special because we were greeted by two Miniature Schnauzers. Their greeting excited me and I wanted to play with them but they were in their yard so we just exchanged greetings. After we were finished I started my hike with my parents. At the beginning of our hike we met a lady with her two German Shepherds, the dogs were beautiful. The lady said that her dogs were friendly but one of them started to bark and growl, I decided maybe it wasn’t a good idea to play with them. My parents and I said good-bye to the lady and continued our hike. We hiked up and down the hills and admire how gorgeous the scenery was. As we hiked by Hurst Creek we saw a couple of fishermen enjoying the water being so high. I wanted to swim to them but dad told me no because he knew I would pester the men. That was ok because I knew I could go swimming a little later. As we hiked towards the end of the trail we met a jogger she was very friendly. She stopped and pet me for awhile I really liked that. After she said good-bye to my parents and me we hiked a little farther and my parents let me swim while they rested. When mom and dad finished resting and drinking some water we headed back to the truck. At the end of our hike we saw some more joggers. One lady was jogging with her baby in a carriage. She was jogging down hill so she was going real fast it looked like that would be a challenge to keep the carriage from going off the trail. The lady said that was the best part of her jog because she was having fun going fast. We also saw a man finishing up his jog, he was stretching and cooling down before he got in his car to go home. The two Miniature Schnauzers were there to say good-bye to my parents and me. I had a great time hiking but now it’s time to go home so I can cool off and rest.

August Fun Stuff 2007

Lake Travis Homeowner Park

Swimming in Lake Travis                        High water at Lake Travis                                             

   Click on photo to see all Lake Travis August 2007 Photos      Click on photo to see all Lake Travis 2 August 2007 Photos    

LOCATION: Austin, Texas     SITE: Homeowner’s Park     DATE:  August 2007

Saturday August 4, 2007

It’s very exciting people are ready to go boating, the rain has finally stopped and the water is low enough for people to enjoy. The LCRA opened the lake for public use and people are ready to take advantage of it. This summer Lake Travis and the surrounding lakes have been closed because of all the rain. Now they are opened.

I’m very happy my Aunt Louise decided to come out and go swimming with me at the park. When Aunt Louise arrived at the house my parents and aunt talked, while mom put a picnic dinner together. After the picnic was put together we went to the park to swim and eat. When we first arrived at the park my parents took the picnic stuff out of the truck and then we went swimming. When we were swimming my friend came to visit. Oh my goodness it’s SAS, this is the first time I every saw her out of her yard, she was there with her dad Chuck. We had a lot of fun running, swimming and playing with each other. After awhile SAS had to go home. I hope to play with her again at the park but for now I just have to wait. After SAS and her dad left it was time for our picnic. My parents and Aunt Louise ate buffalo burgers and I just rested. After my parents and aunt finished eating we all went swimming again. While we were swimming a family put their boat in the lake and dad had to rescue them. They had forgotten to put a plug back in their boat so it wouldn't sink and the lady didn't know where to find it. Dad had to hold the boat while they waited for her husband to come and tell them where the plug was. That was pretty exciting good thing dad was there. After the family was on their way we swam a little more before going home. I had fantastic day at the park now we are all tired and Aunt Louise needs to get home to my cousins.

Thursday August 23, 2007

On August 23 mom and I drove down to the homeowner park to do a dumpster run. Mom parks to truck at the dumpster and lets me out so I can run while she puts the trash in the dumpster. Today was very exciting because Lake Travis was up an extra 6 feet. The reason for this was because we had a little rain in the Hill Country which caused Lake Travis to rise 6 feet, when this happened part of the homeowner park ended back underwater again. The water went all the way to the gazebo and part of the road that goes around the park was underwater. I didn’t care because that met I didn’t have to go too far to go swimming. Mom walked through water up to her knees but she didn’t mind in fact mom said it felt good to get wet. I had fun running, swimming and exploring. I even played on the playscape I ran up the stairs over the bridge and down the stairs again that is my favorite thing to do on the playscape. I sometimes try to climb up the slide but the slide is too slick to get a grip so I end up sliding on the slide. When I do that mom gets all nervous that I may hurt myself so I don’t do that too often. When I finished playing on the playscape mom and I headed back to where the truck was to go home. I was so happy to be at the park that I ran all the way back to the truck and now I’m tired.  


Grandma's Visit August 2007

Grandma at Aunt Louise's house

Click on photo to see all Grandma's Visit August 2007 Photos

LOCATION: August, Texas     SITE: Aunt Louise's House and My House     DATE: 8/17/07 to 8/24/07

In August my Aunt Louise turned 50 years old. Dad flew Grandma in for a week to celebrate Aunt Louise’s birthday. I was excited Grandma was coming to visit. Mom tried to get the week off of work but she couldn’t. That was disappointing but it turned out to work out ok because Grandma got to spend some extra time with Aunt Louise during the day and then spend the evening with my parents and me.  

Friday August 17, 2007

After mom and dad got off of work, they went to the airport to meet Grandma. Grandma’s flight came in on time mom and dad were looking for her but they didn’t see her come down the escalator. Mom and dad didn’t recognized Grandma because she was wearing a hat. Grandma didn’t see mom and dad because she was looking for her suitcases on the conveyer. Finally after about a half hour they found each other. After Grandma’s suitcases arrived they headed towards Aunt Louise’s house. On the way to Aunt Louise’s house my parents and Grandma stopped at HEB to buy a chocolate cheesecake and a bouquet of flowers they wanted to surprise Aunt Louise on her birthday. They arrived at Aunt Louise’s house about 4:00 p.m. and she was surprise because she didn’t expect to see my parents and Grandma until Saturday. After everyone had visit awhile mom ordered pizza. When dinner was finished for dessert everyone had chocolate cheese cake and than said good-bye. They didn’t stay too long because Aunt Louise had to go to work. When my parents and Grandma arrived at our house I was very excited because I had not seen my parents since the morning and Grandma was here for a visit. Grandma played with me and visit a little with mom and dad before we all went to bed.

Saturday August 18, 2007

Grandma was very tired when she went to bed last night so she slept in until 9:00 a.m. When Grandma woke up and had some breakfast my parents took her for a ride around the neighborhood and down to Lakeway. I had to stay home because there wasn’t enough room for me in the truck but mom gave me a Kong before they left. When they arrived at Lakeway they did a little shopping at Randall’s for Aunt Louise’s birthday. Grandma and my parents bought some balloons and a German chocolate cake for Aunt Louise. After they did their shopping they came home. They weren’t gone lone before they had to be back before Aunt Louise’s arrival. Aunt Louise arrived at about 2:00 p.m. to celebrate her 50th birthday. She was very surprise to see the balloons, one balloon said “Aged to Perfection”. She really liked that balloon the best. Mom barbecued rabbit for dinner, that was the first time mom ever had rabbit and she said it tasted great. Everyone else enjoyed the rabbit, too. Mom was going to give me the bones but she decided against it because the bones were too small. I was fine with that because I had my special food for dinner. After dinner Aunt Louise opened her gifts and everyone had some dessert. Aunt Louise went home about 7:00 p.m. she wanted to leave before it got too dark and she needed to get home to my cousins, Rusty and Regal. We all said good-bye.

Sunday August 19, 2007

My parents and I woke up about 7:30 a.m. and waited for Grandma to wake up. Grandma stayed up later last night so she didn’t get up until about 9:00 a.m. After Grandma woke she had breakfast and we hung around the house. Aunt Louise came to the house about 2:00 p.m. for dinner. Mom barbequed some quail for everyone. Mom served potato salad, dressing and fresh bread with the quail. Everyone said the food was delicious. After dinner Aunt Louise and Grandma left to go to Aunt Louise’s house. A little while after Aunt Louise and Grandma left my parents watched a movie and than went to bed. 

Monday August 20, 2007  

A couple of months ago Aunt Louise decided to buy an electric keyboard. She had always wanted to learn to play a keyboard but never did. A couple of months ago she found a good deal on one so she bought it. Now she needed some books to learn how to play it. While my parents were working Aunt Louise and Grandma went shopping for some books on how to play the keyboard. Aunt Louise ended up getting lost looking for Half Price Bookstore and Good Will Bookstore, even though they didn’t buy any books they still had fun. After they couldn’t find the bookstores they gave up and came to our house for dinner. Mom barbequed some pork patties and served potato chips and beans with the patties for dinner. I had my special food for dinner. After dinner, Aunt Louise and Grandma visit with my parents and than went back to Aunt Louise’s house.

Tuesday August 21, 2007   

Aunt Louise and Grandma went to Oklahomato gamble, so I didn’t see them today. I didn’t mind that at all it gave me a chance to rest. When ever I get visitors or my routine gets changed I get tired because I don’t sleep as much as I usually do. I think if I go to sleep I will miss something. Today I can get plenty of sleep because I’m back into my routine, my parents went to work and I stayed at home where I explore around the house, watch the neighbors, sleep and wait for my parents to come home. When my parents came home from work, mom did a little housework and made dinner. After dinner mom and dad watched a DVD before they went to bed.

Wednesday August 22, 2007

Today, Aunt Louise and Grandma are coming out to the house for dinner and visit. When they showed up at the house they talked about their gambling trip and what they did during the day. Grandma and Louise went shopping at IKEA. Grandma doesn’t have an IKEA in Tucson so she was very excited about shopping at a new store. After they shopped a little while they came out to the house for dinner. Mom barbequed rabbit and served it with mashed potato and gravy green beans.

This paragraph is Aunt Louise’s and Grandma’s gambling trip to Oklahoma story. They left Austin about 8:00 a.m. and arrived back in Austin about 11:00 p.m. The bus ride costs $10.00 but you received $10.00 worth of food tickets so it really is a free bus ride. It was a four hour bus ride there. When they arrived at the casino they gambled for about six hours and than they had to catch the bus to go home. They taught the casino was very small but it actually was a lot bigger. When they were leaving they realized they had enjoyed only half of the casino. Louise had to run after the bus because Grandma and Louise were at the wrong door to catch the bus to get home. The reason they were at the wrong door was because the bus driver dropped them off at one door and he didn’t tell them they had to catch the bus to go home at the other door. After they caught up with the bus, the bus driver stopped at one place to let people get something to eat before the long ride home. It sounds like they had a great time in Oklahoma.

Thursday August 23, 2007

Today, Aunt Louise and Grandma went shopping  for electric keyboard books again. This time Aunt Louise found a Half Prices Bookstore because she remembered where one was located. Awhile later they came to the house for dinner. Mom prepared quail for dinner. It was an exciting night because Grandma was going to stay with us. Aunt Louise went home shortly after dinner because she wanted to leave before it got dark. After Aunt Louise left mom put in a DVD to watch with Grandma but Grandma fell asleep during the movie. When she woke up the movie was almost over and when it got over she said that was a short movie mom and dad laughed. They told her that she slept threw the movie and she said she didn’t think she had slept that long. About 10:00 p.m. mom and dad went to bed because mom had to get up in the morning to go to work. Grandma decided to stay up a little longer to play a game on the compute and do dishes.

Friday August 24, 2007

Fantastic!!! Dad took the day off to spend sometime with Grandma before she goes home. Dad was planning to take Grandma to breakfast and for a ride around town before mom and Aunt Louise got to the house. Grandma slept in because she stayed up late playing the computer game. While she was sleeping Dad decided to go get a paper but he couldn’t because the car wouldn’t start and mom had the truck. When mom came home from work Aunt Louise was already at the house. Dad told mom that they didn’t go anywhere because the car wouldn’t start and mom was very surprise because the car always started before. After mom was home for a little while Aunt Louise took everyone out for dinner to Flores for Mexican food to celebrate dad’s birthday. Dad’s birthday was coming up in couple of days and he decided to celebrate it while Grandma was in town. Before they went to the restaurant to have dinner mom fixed me a Kong with chicken and my special food so I wouldn’t get only. After they ate their dinner they came back home to open dad’s gifts and to have dessert. Grandma and Aunt Louise bought a pecan pie for dessert because pecan pie is dad’s favorite pie and it was his birthday. After dad opened his gifts and everyone ate dessert Aunt Louise went home. The rest of the evening everyone just sat around and visit because Grandma was leaving in the morning.  

Saturday August 25, 2007

Everyone woke up about 6:00 a.m. because Grandma had to be at the airport between 7:00 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. in order to catch her flight at 9:00 a.m. I said good-bye to Grandma, mom gave me a Kong and than they left for the airport. Mom and dad said good-bye to Grandma at the curb because they couldn’t go to the gate to see her off. After they dropped Grandma off they went to Belton just to drive around, I couldn’t go with them because there wasn’t enough room for me in the truck. I really love having Grandma visit but I know she needs to get home to her dog Holly. I will miss her very much but I know I will see her again.

JB's Visit

Getting ready to go to the dog park

Click on photo to see all JB's Visit August 2007 Photo

LOCATION: Austin, Texas     SITE: My House     DATE: 8/29/07 to 9/1/07

Hi, I’m very excited because my friend JB is going to visit me for awhile because his parents are going on a trip to Florida for a few days. JB is a Gordon Setter and he is the same age as I am. I’m going to be four years old in September and JB will be four years old in October. I met JB a few times now he’s going to stay with me I know we will have a lot of fun. Now I’m going to let JB talk about his adventures when he stayed with my parents and me.

Wednesday August 29, 2007

Flo’s parents picked me up at our house Wednesday afternoon. Dad gave Flo’s dad my stuff and said good-bye, I’m off for my visit. When I arrived Flo met us at the door, I was happy to see her and she was happy to see me. Flo and her mom took me for a walk around the yard so I could get familiar with their place. They have so many trees I just could not resist exploring in them. What a mess, I had a lot of cedar tree needles in my fur and Flo’s mom had to brush me out, she didn’t mind and I surely liked being brushed.
After dinner we went for a walk to lake which was a lot of fun. Flo went in the lake and I followed her in, it didn’t last long I got right out but Flo continued to swim. As I was watching Flo a big wave came in and I jumped back. It scared me and I wouldn’t get back in but I did get my feet wet and take a drink. We continued our walk around the park and returned to the house. When we got back to the house Flo’s mom gave us some chicken, I really liked it. When it was time to go to bed Flo’s mom put me in a bedroom with a bed and explained to me that this is where I would be sleeping during my visit. Then she put Flo to bed in her kennel and said good night to us both. I missed you mom and dad so I cried for about five minutes and went to sleep.

Thursday August 30, 2007

Everyone woke up about 6:00 a.m. and had breakfast. Flo’s dad decided to work from home so he could help take care of Flo and me. We had to wait for the sun to come up to go for a walk to the lake. On the way to the lake I met one of Flo’s friends her name was SAS, she is a chocolate lab. She was very cute and she let me play with her. I went to the lake and got my feet wet while Flo went swimming. I was very happy just to watching Flo swim. On the way back I met another friend of Flo’s her name was Zena I just watched her because she was too far a way to play with. Flo has a lot of friends in her neighborhood it seems as if everyone has a dog. One neighbor has four dogs, can you image that. When we got back to the house Flo and I slept.
After Flo’s dad got off work we went for another walk to the lake, I always get excited going to the lake. On the way to the lake I looked for SAS but I didn’t fine her I guess she must of gone in her house. I was disappointed but that’s ok because I’m going to the lake with Flo. When we were at the lake I met some more people and another dog. After we got back to the house we rested awhile and then Flo’s parents put us to bed and said good night, it started out to be a better night for me to sleep. About midnight I woke Flo and her parents up so Flo’s dad let me sleep in their bedroom and Flo’s mom had to calm Flo so she could get back to sleep. I’m sorry Flo.

Friday August 31, 2007

We woke up about 5:00 a.m. and had breakfast. Today was a very exciting day Flo’s dad said he was going to take us to a dog park. The dog park is at Lakeway. I had a lot of fun at the dog park because I met a few dogs to play and run around with as I explored the park. The dog park has an agility course, I didn’t do the course but I did check it out. After playing in the dog park for about an hour we went home. Flo and I had a lot of fun and we slept most of the day.

After dinner we went for a walk around the neighborhood instead of to the lake because it rained for about 15 minutes. It wasn’t a long walk but that’s ok because I still met some of Flo’s friends. I’m having a lot of fun but I’m getting tired and I miss you both.

Saturday September 1, 2007

We woke up about 7:00 a.m. and had breakfast. Flo and I had so much fun at the dog park we went back. When we first arrived at the park Flo and I were the only dogs there so we just walked around the park. A little while later a couple of dogs that I met yesterday showed up to play. All of us just walked around and played. It was a relaxing day, when all of a sudden it became more exciting two new dogs showed up. I was very excited new friends. I ran and played with one of my new friends because he wanted to. I ran very hard and had a great time. Before we went home we went for a walk around the rest of the park. We walked by the lake and saw many people and dogs walking the trail. We walked about a half mile and I had fun. Flo and I had fun with her parents but now it was time to go home and rest.
When I woke up Flo’s mom brushed me because I had a lot stickers and cedar tree needles in my fur. I enjoyed that I just laid there and let her do it because I was getting attention. While we were waiting for dinner and neighbor’s dog came by to play. She was a yellow lab named Sugar, she’s a bigger lab then Flo. Flo’s parents let her come in the house so I could play with her. All three of us dogs played until Sugar decided to go home. I had a great time playing with Sugar.
After we ate Flo’s parents took us for a walk to the lake. On the way to the park I saw Flo’s dog  friends and some of her people neighbors. The lake was very busy so Flo and I stayed out of the lake and did some exploring. During our exploring Flo’s mom kept me out of the trees so I wouldn’t get anything in my fur but she still let me sniff the trees. Now it’s time to go back to the house so we can go to bed.